Friday, April 10, 2020
Paleo Banana Bread
Looking at a few ripe bananas on the counter today prompted me to make a banana bread. I had some almond and coconut flour, bananas, coconut oil, and eggs so I knew I could make a nice paleo version. I think I've finally gotten to the emotional state from being at home one too many days since this covid-19 panic started. I miss my friends, my favorite restaurants, my usual freedom, and many other normal daily routines. While I eat Paleo style on and off, I'm not normally a baker nor a sweets lover. But, my husband loves this kind of food! This has to be one of the best banana breads I have ever made. It came out so moist and held together so well, it slid out of the pan and off the parchment paper perfectly and whole. I'm in awe. So have fun making this and I hope it comes out as delicious for you as it did for me.
Paleo Banana Bread
1 ½ cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour (may need to adjust due to the wetness of the banana batter)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
4 large eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
3. In a large mixing bowl add the bananas and mash them with a fork. Then add the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix together till well blended.
4. Next, add in the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and then
mix together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
5. The mixture should be pretty wet depending on the amount of bananas you use. Add in the coconut flour until the mixture thickens up some. Remember coconut flour is highly absorbant so mix it a little at a time and add more if necessary.
6. Spoon into the parchment paper lined loaf pan.
7. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from the loaf pan to cool.
Good luck and enjoy!